Indian Head Massages have been practised for over 1000 years. It was originally developed by women as part of their grooming routine to keep their hair lustrous and strong! Today in India, barbers also practise many of these skills; cutting men’s hair and offering ‘Champi’ (head massage) .The work ‘shampoo’ hails from the Hindu word ‘champi’. Being ‘champi-ed meant having our head massaged.
Benefits of Indian Head Massage:
- Massaging the head, neck and shoulders where muscles are under stress will bring immediate relief.
- Tensions are eased and fibrous knots and nodules melt away.
- The Efficiency of the circulatory and lymphatic systems improves.
- Toxins (lactic & uric acid) are dispersed from tense muscles.
- Fluidity of movement is restored
- As massage proceeds, client relaxes , breathing becomes deeper and more oxygen is supplied to the body. The brain needs lots of oxygenated blood!
- Helps with mental tiredness & edginess
- Energy levels improve
- Promotion of hair growth
- Excellent to help with disturbed sleep and insomnia